Selling to IFH


Are you a farmer interested in selling to the food hub? You've come to the right place. We work with more than forty local farmers within 150 miles of our warehouse in West Union, IA. This includes producers of vegetables, fruit, eggs, proteins, dairy (milk, yogurt), and other value-added items. We are always happy to work with new producers, and can't wait to hear from you. 

Common Questions: 

A: What sort of thing does the food hub buy?
Q: We work with many different kinds of producers, ranging from 1-acre produce farmers to larger farmer cooperatives. Do you have a product-specific question for us? Please feel free to call our warehouse, we will happily answer your questions. 

Q: What do I need to bring with my delivery? 
A: The second-most important thing after the food itself is an invoice! Please make sure you have an invoice with your name, phone number and address, the product you're selling, and a total amount due. This will help us ensure that you receive payment in a timely manner.

Q: Is there any paperwork I need to fill out before selling to the food hub?
A: Yes, we have a new farmer intake form that we request each new farmer fill out. This applies to all producers, whether you are growing tomatoes, chickens or eggs. Depending on your product, we may also need copies of product-specific licenses. 

Q: Do I need to have insurance?
A: We request that all of our producers carry product liability insurance within the first year of working with the food hub. 

Q: How should I get my products ready for the food hub? 
A: We are here to help you work out the details of preparing your products for wholesale. One general rule of thumb is boxes: we need deliveries to come in wax/cardboard boxes so we can easily break them down in our warehouse. 

Q: Can you save my boxes for me?
A: Sure! We are happy to set aside wax boxes for you if you wish to reuse them.